Women, Food and God

Hannah and Hettie hover in the doorway of their apartment (Sarah's Bathroom). They look serious, withdrawn, pale..if a cat can look pale? Eyes watering they trace a glance at every one of my movements. To the left, to the right. I walk towards them and they move closer to their food bowls and I make a beeline to my study. I move back to the kitchen and they watch me, alert, ears flicker and paws ready to spring towards their food. But it does not come. Sarah and I are still busy just doing other stuff. However, Hannah and Hettie wait patiently. I move to the fridge and pass Sarah the salad mixture. Now the two cats are desperate. A faint meow a sort of plea for food murmurs from their whiskered mouths. At last Sarah has finished and the two furry animals believe they will be fed. Wrong! Sarah sits down with her latest book by Geneen Roth called 'Women, Food, and God'. What about 'Cats, Food and Food' by Peter Urr I hear Hannah yell. Just another evening of tender moments as they both wait for their meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment